Combined with the state’s strategic location, Tennessee’s multi-modal system offers limitless shipping opportunities:
- Highly-developed transportation system
- Six legs of the interstate system intersect in Nashville and Davidson County, fanning out to major industrial cities in the Southwest, Midwest and Northeast.
- Three major interstates serving Middle Tennessee radiate east/west (I-40), north/south (I-65) and northwest/southeast (I-24).
- TN 840 south of Nashville forms an outer corridor intersection east I-40; I-24 south, I-65 south and I-40 west.
- Easy access to Atlanta, St. Louis, Detroit and Chicago.
The Nashville International Airport provides convenient accessibility to nearly 100 markets in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and London.
- Twelve passenger airlines.
- An average of 450 daily arrivals and departures to over 50 non-stop markets.
- Eleven all-cargo carriers.
Middle Tennessee also has an extensive outlay of general aviation airports. Most communities are within 30 minutes of an airport.
The CSX Transportation Railroad has a piggyback and container-loading facility in Nashville operated by CSXI handled over 100,000 containers through this facility last year.
CSX Transportation and its 34,500 employees provide rail transportation and distribution services over 22,700 route-mile network in 23 states, the District of Columbia and two Canadian provinces.
- The rail connects Middle Tennessee to major cities throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- The rail system provided routes to such markets as New York, Philadelphia, Detroit, Chicago, Cincinnati, Louisville, St. Louis, Memphis, Birmingham, Atlanta and New Orleans.
- CSX transportation has one of their major switching yards in Nashville.
Middle Tennessee is also served by several short line railroads that have operating connections to CSX Transportation.
- The R.J. Corman Railroad (Bowling Green, KY to Cumberland City).
- The South Central Tennessee Railway Authority (Dickson to Hohenwald).
- The Caney Fork and Western Railroad (Tullahoma to Sparta).
- Tennessee Southern Railroad (Columbia to Pulaski and Florence, Alabama).
- Walking Horse and Eastern Railroad (Wartrace to Shelbyville).
- Nashville Eastern Railway (Nashville to Cookeville).